What is PTSD?

Who's at Risk?





Getting Help

Where can you go to find help?

Diagnosis and treatment options should be discussed with a healthcare professional:

  • A psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker or other qualified healthcare professional who provides counseling related to trauma can identify whether a person has PTSD and can discuss options for appropriate treatment.

  • A psychiatrist or primary care provider, such as a family practitioner or obstetrician/gynecologist, can diagnose PTSD and determine the best treatment approach.

PTSD Alliance member organizations can help you locate treatment professionals in your area who are knowledgeable about and have experience treating the mental health needs of trauma survivors.

Most communities have organizations that are trauma-specific or that have specializations in mental health, substance abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence.

For more information about local referral and support, contact our member organizations.

< Back

Home | About PTSD | Resource Center | Alliance Members | Contact Us

The PTSD Alliance is supported by Beachway Therapy Center, a Florida based addiction treatment center.